Steve Hagen graduated from California Lutheran University and went straight into coaching as a graduate assistant at the University of Illinois. Hagen has over 20 years of coaching experience at the collegiate and professional level. He has made stops at North Carolina, Notre Dame, USC, as well as the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets.
In 2011, Hagen coached a Browns tight end group that ranked in the top of the NFL. The reception and the touchdown totals were the team’s highest since 2004. Also in 2011, I was instrumental in drafting and developing Tight End Jordan Cameron, who was voted to the NFL Pro Bowl in 2013.
Hagen is currently the Director of Fellowship of Christian athletes near Athens, Georgia. He is responsible for raising all funding for the ministry. He is also the owner of Never Flinch Outreach and has written four books.
- College: California Lutheran University (1979-1983)
- University of Illinois (1984-1986)
- Northern Arizona (1987-1988)
- Notre Dame (1989)
- UNLV (1990, 1994-1995)
- Kent State (1991)
- University of Nevada, Reno (1992-1993)
- Wartburg College (1996)
- San Jose State (1997-1998)
- University of California, Berkeley (1999-2000)
- Cleveland Browns (2001-2004)
- Fresno State (2006-2007)
- UNC (2007-2008)
- Cleveland Browns (2009-2012)
- New York Jets (2013-2015)
- 2002 AFC Playoff appearance