Position: Defensive Backs
A native of Baltimore, Md., Donnie Henderson attended Locke High School (Los Angeles, Calif.). He played two seasons at Santa Monica Junior College before transferring to Utah State where he earned first-team Big West Conference honors as a senior cornerback in 1979.He was selected by the Detroit Lions in the 1980 NFL Draft.
He began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at his alma mater Utah State (1983-85), where he also coached linebackers for three seasons (1986-1988) before coaching defensive backs and serving as recruiting coordinator at the University of Idaho in 1989. He then spent two seasons at California (1990- 91) as linebackers coach before joining the Arizona State staff where he coached safeties (1992-94) and defensive backs (1995-97). He spent the 1998 season as the defensive backs and assistant head coach at the University of Houston prior to joining the NFL.
Henderson most recently served as the defensive backs coach for the Buffalo Bills. He has also coached the NFL's New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals. Henderson coached at Southern University in 2011 and was named the defensive backs coach at Syracuse University in 2012.
- College: Utah State
- Buffalo Bills
- Utah State University (1983-1988)
- University of Idaho (1989)
- University of California, Berkeley (1990-1991)
- Arizona State University (1992-1997)
- University of Houston (1998)
- Baltimore Ravens (1999-2003)
- New York Jets (2004-2005)
- Detroit Lions (2006)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2008)
- California Redwoods (2009)
- Arizona Cardinals (2009-2010)
- Southern University (2011)
- Syracuse University (2012)
- Buffalo Bills (2013-2016)