Position: Defensive Backs
Austin Clopton enters his 16th season as a coach, Coach Clopton has been coaching & training at the collegiate and high school levels since 2007. Coach Clopton brings a useful amount of experience on both sides of the ball. Clopton is currently the Defensive Coordinator and Defensive Back Coach at Akron East High School. His high school playing career included high school all conference, conference player of the year, all district and all state honors. His college playing career he was a freshman all-american, and 3x all conference player for Tiffin UniversIty.
He is the Co-Founder of F.I.X. Sports Academy. F.I.X. has a youth development organization that offers Athletic development, character development , education support services, youth camps, and summer camps. Clopton has become a strong pillar for the youth in the Akron area.
Coach Clopton has coached several collegiate athletes.
- Whitney Mercilus (Illinois University DI, Houston Texans),
- Tyson Gulley (Syracuse University DI, Buffalo Bills)
- Jatairis Grant (Iowa State University DI)
- Justin Carter (Kent State University DI)
- Toneo Gulley (U.S. Naval Academy – Football DI)
- DeShawn Jones (Bowling Green State University DI)
- Bangally Kamara (University of Pittsburgh DI)
- Daishawn Brimage (University of Akron DI)
- Amarian Robinson (Youngstown St. University DI)
- Shawn Gates (Utah State University DI)
- Kyre Williams (University of Louisiana Monroe DI)
- DeAnthony Becton (Central Michigan University DI)
- Garfield High School (1998-2002)
- Tiffin University (2002-2007)
- Akron Garfield High School (2007-2017)
- Akron East High School (2017-Present)