Coach Raymond Philyaw attended Northeast Louisiana University where he was the starting QB for three years. At the completion of his collegiate career in 1996, Philyaw's 52 career touchdown passes stood as a school record until Steven Jyles broke his record in 2005. In 2009, Philyaw was inducted into the ULM Athletics Hall of Fame.
Philyaw went on to play professionally in the CFL & AFL for 15 seasons and is considered to be one of the greatest AFL QB's of all-time. He holds the record for the highest career TD-to-INT ratio in AFL history
He most recently was the offensive coordinator of the Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League (AFL).
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1997)
- Madison Mad Dogs (1998–1999)
- Shreveport Knights (1999)
- Albany Firebirds (2000)
- Indiana Firebirds (2001–2003)
- Chicago Rush (2004–2005)
- Kansas City Brigade (2006–2007)
- Cleveland Gladiators (2008)
- Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings (2010)
- San Jose SaberCats (2012)
- New Orleans VooDoo (2011) (OC)
- San Antonio Talons (2013–2014) (OC)
- Jacksonville Sharks (2016) (OC)