Position: Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers
Chad Henry lettered 10 times during his high school career in 3 sports (football, baseball, and basketball) earning senior athlete of the year and earning a scholarship to Cal Poly – San Luis Obispo on a football scholarship to play quarterback.
Completing his degree at Cal Poly, Coach Henry played quarterback and wide receiver while awaiting his opportunity to earn his starting position as a quarterback.
Following his collegiate career and college graduation in 2000, Coach Henry played both baseball and football professionally overseas. Upon his return, he took on the Head Coach position at Mission College Prep in San Luis Obispo, CA guiding them to the CIF Finals in his 3rd year for their first appearance in 50 years.
In his 7 years at Mission College Prep Coach Henry developed 2 QBs that were a finalist in the Regional Elite 11, with both QBs setting multiple records in the CIF Southern Section. In 2017, Henry moved to New Jersey to take on a new challenge at Watchung Hills Regional High School coaching with Superbowl Champion, Richard Seubert. This year he will start a new position at The Pingry School (Basking Ridge, NJ) to build a flagship program for the school.
Coach Henry believes in the fundamentals of the QB position, understanding the game at a deeper level and the path football gives to build “Men of Integrity and Honor.”
· College: Cal Poly – San Luis Obispo
· Head Coach – Zalaegerszeg Demons (Hungary)
· Head Coach – Zagreb Raiders (Croatia)
· Head Coach – Mission College Prep (San Luis Obispo, CA)
· Asst. Head Coach / Off Cord. / QBs, Watchung Hills Regional High School (Warren, NJ)
· Asst. Head Coach / Off Cord. / QBs, The Pingry School (Basking Ridge, NJ)
· Coach of the Year 2012 – San Luis Obispo County
· Consecutive CIF Championship appearance in 2012 and 2013
· 25 players coached continued their careers at the collegiate level in 7 years
· 2 QB Elite 11 Regional Finalist
· 3 QBs in 10 years played at collegiate level