Brand University Blog
- What is NCAA’s Name Image & Likeness?
- Download Free Athlete’s Brand Checklist
What is NCAA’s Name Image & Likeness?
NCAA has proposed a plan allowing college athletes to profit off their name, image, and likeness (NIL).
In the proposed plan, student-athletes would be allowed to identify themselves by name and school but the use of school logos or trademarks would not be allowed. This plan is projected to begin in January 2020.
According to NCAA, examples of the activities to be permitted are:
- Personal Appearances (speeches, commercial establishments)
- Promoting a business
- Sale of merchandise with name, image or likeness
- Social media endorsements
- Representation in video games
Below details information as to what college student-athletes should know.
Stay updated with NCAAA at http://www.ncaa.org/nil
The goal of Brand University is to help student-athletes in building a quality personal brand preparing them for opportunities within NCAA’s NIL.
Download these images at: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ncaa/NIL/2020_NILresource_SA.pdf