Position: Wide Receivers
Mike Sherrard, UCLA alumnus and star wide receiver, was named to the third-team All-American after catching 48 passes for 709 yards and set a UCLA record for sophomore receptions in a season. Sherrard left as the school's all-time leading receiver in a season and member of three Rose Bowl-winning Bruin teams. He ranks among UCLA's all-time receiving leaders, with 124 receptions (seventh on the all-time list) in his career for 1,937 yards (tenth on the all-time list) and 10 touchdowns.
After his All-American career UCLA, Sherrard was the second wide receiver selected in the first round by the Dallas Cowboys. In his rookie season, he recorded 41 receptions for 744 yards and led the team with 5 touchdowns. His totals rank fourth for most receptions, second for most receiving yards, and is tied for fourth for most touchdowns by a rookie in Cowboys' franchise history.
Sherrard played 11 seasons in the NFL with the Cowboys, New York Giants, Denver Broncos and won a Super Bowl with the San Francisco 49ers. Currently, Sherrard is an assistant coach at Oaks Christian High School in southern California.
- College: UCLA
- Dallas Cowboys (1986-1988)
- San Francisco 49ers (1989-1992)
- New York Giants (1993-1995)
- Denver Broncos (1996)
- Oaks Christian High School (2014-present)
- UCLA: 3 Rose Bowl Victories
- UCLA: 7th All-time Receptions
- UCLA: 10th All-Time Yards
- All Pac-10 and Academic All Pac-10 (1983)
- Dallas Cowboys: 4th All-Time Franchise Rookie Receptions
- Dallas Cowboys: 2nd All-Time Franchise Rookie Yards
- Dallas Cowboys: 4th All-Time Franchise Touchdowns
- San Francisco 49ers: Won Super Bowl XXIV