Position: Wide Receivers
Rodney Blackshear played college football for the Texas Tech Red Raiders from 1987-1991. He led the team in receiving in 1990 and 1991. Blackshear holds the Southwest Conference (SWC) and Texas Tech single-game record with 251 on only 5 catches against Houston. He was inducted into the Texas Tech Sports Hall of Fame in 2013.
Blackshear played seven seasons in the AFL where he recorded 204 receptions for 2,482 yards and 45 receiving touchdowns in 52 games for the Houston Thunderbears. He ended his career as the All-Time tackles leader in Houston Thunderbears/Texas Terror team history with 129 total tackles. Blackshear was inducted into the Grand Rapids Sports Hall of Fame in 2014 as a member of the 2001 AFL Champions Grand Rapids Rampage.
After his playing career, Blackshear went into coaching at Texas Tech in 2002 right before being offered the offensive coordinator at Harvest Christian High School. He also made stops in the AFL with the Rio Grande Valley Dorados and Houston Cougars. Blackshear was named Head Coach of the Amarillo Venom of the IFL in 2010.
- College: Texas Tech
- Dallas Texans (1993)
- Texas Terror (1996–1997)
- Houston Thunderbears (1998–1999)
- Grand Rapids Rampage (2001)
- Texas Tech (2002)
- Harvest Christian High School (2003)
- Rio Grande Valley Dorados (2004)
- Houston Cougars (2005–2006)
- Lubbock Renegades (2007–2008)
- South Georgia Wildcats (2009)
- Amarillo Venom (2011)
- Jersey Village High School (DB) (2012)
- Texas College (2014)
- Trinity Christian School (2015)
- First Team All-Arena (1998)
- All-Ironman Team (1998)
- Arena Bowl champion (2001)