Position: Offensive Lines
Football University is proud to have the coach USA Today called, “perhaps the best offensive line coach in the game,” on its team. Coach Jim McNally spent almost 30 years in the NFL and 15 years at the college level coaching some of the best offensive linemen the game has ever seen. He is held in the highest of regards by his fellow coaches and some of the talented linemen who he has trained.
McNally, who currently consults with the New York Jets, coached in the NFL with Cincinnati, Carolina, NY Giants and Buffalo. He coached on the ’00 Giants NFC title team, but he is most known for his time with the Bengals where he went to two Super Bowls and mentored Hall of Fame tackle Anthony Munoz. Munoz is considered by many as the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history. McNally also coached four-time Pro Bowler Max Montoya, who was a mainstay as a guard on the then-perennial AFC contenders. His last stop in the NFL was with Buffalo where he made Jason Peters into a Pro Bowler just three seasons after he was an undrafted free agent tight end and just two seasons after he was moved to the offensive line.
McNally knows how to work with the younger linemen too. He provided private instruction to the nation’s top prep recruit in 2009, Seantrel Henderson. Henderson is a FBU alum and was a U.S. Army All-American, but McNally worked to match his technique level to that of his tremendous physical talent. Henderson went on to start as a freshman at the University of Miami (Fla.).
- University at Buffalo (1966-70)
- Marshall University (1971-74)
- Boston College (1975-77)
- Wake Forest (1978-79)
- Cincinnati Bengals (1980-94)
- Carolina Panthers (1995-98)
- New York Giants (1999-03)
- Buffalo Bills (2004-07)
- Notable NFL Players Coached or Trained:
- Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz, T, Cincinnati Bengals
- Pro Bowler Max Montoya, G, Cincinnati Bengals
- All-Pro Lomas Brown, T, New York Giants/Detroit Lions
- Pro Bowler Ron Stone, G, New York Giants
- 13-year veteran Glenn Parker, G, Kansas City Chiefs/New York Giants