Doug Cosbie spent all of his professional playing career with the Dallas Cowboys. Before entering the NFL, Cosbie attended Santa Clara University where he was a three-year starter at tight end. He finished his college career as Santa Clara's top receiving tight end with 120 receptions, 1,721 receiving yards, 14.3 yards per reception and 10 touchdowns. Cosbie was inducted into the SCU Athletic Hall of Fame.
With the Cowboys, Cosbie caught over 60 passes in a season twice during his career and set team records with catches and yards per season and career. He caught 300 passes for 3,728 yards and 30 TD's and also had 22 catches for 243 yards and 3 TD's in 7 playoff games. He still ranks eleventh in franchise history in receptions and ninth in receiving yards.
- College: Santa Clara
- Dallas Cowboys (1979-1988)
- Santa Clara University (1990)
- Stanford University (1993-1994)
- Menlo College (1995-1996)
- California University (1997-1998)
- Los Angeles Dragos (2000)
- Sacramento High School (2009-2010
- Kamehameha High School (2013-2015)
- 3× Pro Bowl (1983, 1984, 1985)
- All-Pro NFC selection (1985)