Barry Gardner attended Northwestern University, where he is in the schools Hall of Fame. At Northwestern, Gardner starred both on the field and in the classroom earning; first team All-Big Ten Honors leading the nation in tackles, all while earning All-Big Ten academic honors as well. Barry was drafted in the 2nd round by the Philadelphia Eagles and later spent time with the Jets, Browns, and Patriots.
After, his playing days he went into private training and has trained some of the best linebackers in the game today like Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Lamar Woodley, and Courtney Upshaw. One of Barry’s beliefs which he learned from one his mentors is “Take the extra time to do a little more and separate yourself from the rest.” Now he teaches his linebacker techniques to the next generation of athletes at Football University.
- College: Northwestern
- Drafted: 1999 / Round: 2 / Pick: 35
- Philadelphia Eagles (1999-02)
- Cleveland Browns (2003-04)
- New York Jets (2005)
- New England Patriots (2006)
- 2nd All-Time in Tackles – Northwestern (468)
- All-Big Ten Conference (1998)
- Led Nation in Tackles with 175 (1998)
- Academic All-Big Ten (1998)
- National Football Foundation College
- Hall of Fame Scholar Athlete Award recipient (1998)
- Butkus Award Nominee (1998)